Monday, May 20, 2019

Lavender Mist Kit Scraps into Quilted/Pieced Mats

Hello everyone, I'm back today with another technique, it's not new, and it's not mine, it's been around for eons but I thought I'd share how I do it and in turn how I use it in my cards.  I took all the leftover Lavender Mist Kit scraps and pieced them into new mats that can be used whole or die cut, as I'll show you on the video (link at bottom of post).



I am totally in love with how this card turned out.  The die cut piece is all leftover bits that often get tossed in the garbage.  I ended up having six mats for use with just a small pile of my accumulated scraps.  I used an older Spellbinders die called CrissCross to cut my design.  I also cut a corner adornment, a paperclip and the most gorgeous lacy border, which I still haven't decided how I'm going to use.  I'll be back with examples later on with how these became renewed.  So please consider when you're about to toss those trimming repurposing them into something new and beautiful.  Yes it takes a few minutes but oh my the outcome is so worth the effort.


Here's the inside of the card, and yes that little paper clip (and it actually is just that paper) is cut from one of the pieced mats using a die.  I inked these papers with Wilted Violet Distress ink and used a standard A2 sized card, 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" when folded.  Everything shown was leftover from the kit except the stickpin and little snippet of ribbon which came from my stash.  I hope you'll join me on the video for the complete process of making the pieced mats and the card.



Find A Soul's Heartbeat at




No comments:

Post a Comment