Monday, May 6, 2019

Lavender Mist Kit - Portfolio

Hello Crafty friends, it's Patti here today sharing my project using the Lavender Mist Kit.


I did supplement the original kit with an additional package of Stamperia Provence paper.  I like to have wiggle room when I create and having only package sometimes can make that harder.  There is no reason you can't recreate my portfolio though using just the paper that's included.  You will just have to stream down your mats and flips with less decorative paper and add more solids.  So don't despair if you only have the one pad, or don't wish to buy additional, you'll be just fine.


My project is a portfolio measuring 10 1/2" x 8 1/2" with two 1 1/2" spines.  It opens off-center in the middle, front closing with several strong magnets under the heart.  If you don't have or care for magnets it would be super simple to run any type of ribbon under the mats on the fronts, sides and back first and close with a pretty tied bow under the heart.  There's always a way to change it up to what appeals to you best.


My portfolio opens to a double waterfall flip on the right side and four graduated pockets on the left. The 14 flips provide 28 spots for photos just shy of 3" x 4", or if you are watching your paper you could skip the decorative paper on the flips  just use the solid mats, which would allow easily for photos this size, all 28 of them!  On the left side the pockets graduate in size to accommodate a 9 1/4 x 3 3/4" mat, a 7 1/2" x 3 3/4" mat, a 4 3/4" x 3 3/4" bi-fold photo book and two 2 3/4" x 3 1/2" bi-fold booklets.  The center, will that just full of awesome goodness, let's look and see!


You have this beautiful perfume bottle adorned with a spray of Stamperia's laser cut flowers (included in the kit, in fact there are two sets of laser cuts so you could choose whichever one speaks to you).  This is removable and pulls out to reveal 8 6" x 6" photo areas.  It tucks into a pocket behind which also houses a surprise.


Magnetized under the lovely perfume bottle is this swing pocket with a large bi-fold purple mat.  Have you noticed all the purple, my favorite color!  Well one of them anyway.  This time I tried something I'd never done before and used 4 different coordinating shades of purple and lavender for my matting.  I really liked the look! On the right side of the swing pocket is a large area with a pull out solid mat under which is room available for a huge 6" x 8" photo or smaller ones so you don't cover up this gorgeous Stamperia paper.


Still hidden below is a large side tuck spot filled with mats on the left and another gorgeous pocket made with the lace which I embellished with the Prima crystals, both from the kit, .  I fussy cut and backed the lace on a sheet of acetate to give more stability and ease of sliding photo(s) into the pocket.  This whole section from the perfume bottle pull out to these pages here are secured with lavender dyed seam binding tied into a bow.


Here's the very last, the back of the portfolio.  I used the gorgeous die (included with the kit) to top my center mat and the side pocket. I did reinforce the pocket die by cutting it twice and gluing one atop the other.  The butterflies are also included in this overflowing kit of scrumptiousness!

Now I've barely scratched the surface of this portfolio but you can see it all on my walk through video.  I will be uploading a complete playlist of how I assembled the different aspects of my portfolio.  Thanks so much for looking.  Please be sure to pop on over to YouTube and watch the complete video so don't miss a thing!






No comments:

Post a Comment